Standard and Fixed Prices – Valid October, 2019
All legal matters are different. We have standard prices for some legal services listed below, but we will confirm fees with you at your first appointment.
The first step is to schedule a confidential initial appointment with us:
- Initial Short (15 minute) appointment – FREE. Note: this appointment is a good way to meet and obtain some general advice and a quote for further work. Specific advice is not provided in our free appointments.
- Initial Detailed Appointment (up to 45 minutes)– $99 plus taxes. These appointments are appropriate when specific advice on your situation is required.
Note that if we are retained at your first appointment, we waive our first appointment fee.
- 1-Day Divorce Program (and drafting of separation agreement if agreement reached). We offer the 1-Day Divorce program – another option for people wanting to resolve child and property division issues amicably, quickly, and cost-effectively. Cost: $1200 + tax (each party). A non-refundable deposit of $300 from each party is required to book the session and to cover the costs of the intake sessions and preparation.
- Family Law Separation Agreements – acting for one party alone with assets <$1M, to resolve property issues by consent. Cost: $1800 + tax.
- Family Litigation – Supreme or Provincial Court proceedings. Cost: Usually $3000 + tax required in trust, and drawn down at $250 / hour + tax.
PERSONAL INJURY & MOTOR VEHICLE CLAIMS:
- No Win / No Fee – Full details of costings outlined in costs agreement.
- Family and Workplace Mediation – $900 plus taxes payable by each party, and drawn down at $125 / hour plus tax (each).
- Binding Commercial Arbitration – each party pays $1500 + tax for intake meetings, private arbitration of up to one day duration & written award.
- Last Will and Testament – basic wills – $450 + tax.
- Power of Attorney / Representation Agreements – basic facts – $250 + tax
Prices subject to complexity, with confirmation at first appointment.
Yes! You can apply to pay by installments through Law Pay.